Mission of The Friends
of Brooks Memorial Library
The mission of the Friends is to support the Brooks Library through advocacy, public relations, and fundraising in order to provide the highest quality library services to the community.
The Friends of Brooks Memorial Library is an independent non-profit 501(c)(3) entity. Annual fundraising events traditionally held by the Friends include three book sales a year, concerts, contests, raffles and auctions and other special occurrences.
The Friends sponsor The Vermont Humanities Council First Wednesday programs and initiated a Short Story Reading and Discussion series sponsored by The Vermont Country Store. See our calendar for upcoming events.
Friends funding does not support Library personnel, facilities or capital requests, but we do help the library provide free access to:
- Current best sellers, classic titles and other popular books, magazines and journals
- Free WiFi access
- E-books, e-audio and video resources
- Computers, ipads, kindles
- Databases, including academic, genealogical, job search and consumer resources
- Subject guides, from biography to science
- Online classes
- Free passes to museums in Vermont, New Hampshire and Massachusetts
- Art exhibits
- Children’s programs and activities